|Prof. Dr. Gabriela Weitze-Schmithüsen||Saarland University||Chair|
|Dr. Thomas Breuer||RWTH Aachen University|
|Birte Johansson||TU Kaiserslautern|
|Marie Roth||TU Kaiserslautern|
All gender equality measures of the TRR 195 are coordinated by the gender equality committee and the office.
We can support career-promoting measures for female scientists at the SFB and general measures for a better reconciliation of family and science within the SFB.
Career-enhancing measures could include, for example, individual coaching, soft skill training, or supporting the creation of networks of female scientists. Also women and SFB-related public relations work may be possible. If you are interested, please contact us.
Measures to better reconcile family and science can benefit women and men. The aim is to support childcare costs outside of normal nursery hours during working hours or SFB events. In addition, partial support for the loss of scientific staff for family reasons may be possible. Again, if you are interested, do not hesitate to contact us.
Here are some impressions of selected events we organize / have organized:
- The Focus Semester on Quantum Information taking place from September 12 to December 9, 2022 at Saarland University offers workshops for female Ph D. students and Post-Docs. Further information can be found here.
- We support the workshop and seminar series “Empower math” to inspire women to study mathematics and to work within and for the SFB-TRR 195 in winterterm 2022/23.
- During the second retreat of the second period of the SFB-TRR 195 taking place from March 22-25,2022 at the Ebernburg, SFB members participated in a workshop on “Unconscious Bias”, thus gaining new insights in topics such as gender equality in science.
- Because of the great feedback the TRR-SFB 195 has set up the conference Women in Algebra and Symbolic Computations II: November 29 – December 1, 2021, Bad Dürkheim. Here is more information. Some impressions on the 2021 conference can be found here.
- The TRR-SFB 195 has scheduled the conference “Women in Algebra and Symbolic Computations” from Monday, December 9th to Wednesday, December 11th, 2019. We are aiming at providing a stimulating platform for female researchers – networking is one of the main objectives of the workshop. This includes established female researches as well as Postdocs and graduate students. Male participants are very welcome and encouraged to attend. Here is more information on the workshop.
- We presented the exhibition “Women of Mathematics meet SFB 195” at the RWTH Aachen on the occasion of the conference “Tropicalizing Flag Varieties”. See more information here.
- We had the pleasure to present an expanded version of the exhibition “Women of Mathematics throughout Europe” with portraits of our female scientists. The opening event took place on Monday, October 8, 2018, Kaiserslautern, at 5 p.m. in 42-105. Here is the schedule.
- Voice coaching seminar as a joint measure with TRR 185 in February 2018.